With a pinch of heat from chilies, richness from coconut cream, and a punch of flavor from essential oils, this fresh and bright vegetarian soup recipe is a delicious first course for a Thai-inspired meal to impress friends or a quick-prep, easy dinner idea for busy weeknights.
- 2 tablespoons butter or unrefined coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream, whipped
- 2 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter or coconut oil. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and sauté until aromatic.
- Add diced ripe mangoes, vegetable broth, and chili pepper.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Whip coconut cream; set aside.
- Pour broth mixture into a blender and puree until soup-like.
- Add cilantro then blend again and pour back into saucepan.
- Add essential oils to the whipped coconut cream.
- Gently stir the cream into the soup.
- Add salt and pepper.
\\ Via: Young Living